Sunday, May 9, 2010

A Subtly Holistic Dream of a Picture I Caught Sight of...

I'm moved to nearby tears simply by viewing a picture of hers
A girl in this town, feelings unterminated without necessity
Don't let them see you cry! You've gone off and you're not allowed...
This fucked up way of doing things and I'm leaving soon

She'll come to visit while I second-guess, sleeping off a depression not yet come
Over to my dreamland, leaving one of those dreams stationed in a mess
This is a problem and I can't write it out; what good would it do?
Misunderstandings and sleepless nights; it's something I gotsta fix

Another romantic fantasy found way down there on the opposite coast
Polarities to deal with and nothing of the sort
It's just an ism that only I completely grasp; everyone probably knows
Time's running short on this end of things

The picture brought me back to my insecurities
A beautifully simplistic image of Love nesting in a field
Her toes peeking just outside of the sandals on her feet into the open air
Jovially expressing a joy at an essence she caught sight of on the ground

No big deal; my brother will repair the kinks
I'm going to see him next week, but, I think, he might already have
Toes don't have eyes, though; no, that's crazytalk!
But I'm just stumbling about in the darkness here; this place is mostly void of light

Sitting here, hearing collaborative melodies or not, reflecting on something, anything in these moments before my departure
But as I lie in bed alone, thinking, the packages set before us come undone
Dreams of my daughter aside, she's perfect; probably not a match for the jagged self that is me
And it's the sort of thing that grows and grows, but I just can't let it go

No comments:

Post a Comment