Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Past and Present

She was always peaceful even when I haven't been
All those noises constantly parading themselves around in my mind led me once to have haughty eyes
Only to realize in the few seconds after something's said what I truly meant by it
Muses; muses are... my life

For the time being, she's sitting at a table by herself, having forgot me and a time ago
That's how it is when she sees me, getting up, as she's the one to come closer
No... Not me; I hate being watched
But, hey; if we're honest here - I feel it all the time, everyday

Living out on the fringes of society; that's where she and I clash
It might be where we all clash and why, when I do this, it never tends to last
With the tensions that arise, I might ought need to stop
All that's needed there, though, is a pretty face, as pheromones get released into the air, to make me decide responsible I'm not

Unfairly deriving information from harmless insects because that's how small I feel in times like these
Harmless insects, in relation to flowers; not just this, not just that, but all will come to fruition in sex
Just doing the same thing over and over and over; unaware what else will suffice
Words tend to gather and pollenate, but - oh, no; I know - this is far from a laughing matter

Squashing concepts like the tiny, little bugs they are
Hoping to be able to come back to life with the success of the next swat
Running down a motion that never stops and I'm tired, not wanting to point fingers with the desire that remains
There's more to it than I give it credit for they say, but I'm always tarrying on whether or not I can believe it

In that dark place again; as soon as I came I wanted to leave
But the silence - it beckons -, and no one deserves to hear the shit I think up
She and that time is missed, but I don't think...
As I sit, staring wide-eyed, her bringing salad to her mouth from a table ten steps down

Well, she was peaceful - too beautiful for even my own mind -, but, as the sights re-sound, the waves crowd and corrupt, making themselves too visible for me to be able to recognize if it's still so...
I love her, but she's Everywoman in her own time, regardless of the pockmarks she leaves on me.

No comments:

Post a Comment