Friday, April 27, 2012

Homeland: Chicago

I never thought I'd say this, but, as it is, I'll just write it down
Chicago's a homeland I love and I just really want to be there now
All this pretty talk of winter blossoming into spring
These are only my ideas, but, instead, I'm out in California and I don't got nothing

But, I might belong somewhere, at least, back in the midwest
I'm only just contemplating here, but, at best, that's my second guess
Yeah, it's all just an aphrodisiac of faith
And look at me; yeah, just watch because I seem to have found myself out of place

And girls - they're the ones who brought me here
Nah... Only one when we talk particulars, but she's not been found to be anywhere near
Girls pretty much are the fire that fuels my soul
Without them, and lacking objectification, I've noplace left to go
From all'f this, yeah, a great chasm's been built
Spinning on my axis and no... I seem to have lost my tilt Just working my way; getting the hell out of there />Maybe Kansas City, St. Louis, Greenville, or Indy... no, not there />That's where my true love resides, but even that's only in theory />Honest to God, I don't know where she is or where she's gone, so I can't guess she's even anyplace around to be found

No comments:

Post a Comment